Sunday, June 25, 2006

Dreaming or Reality

It has been a while!

Here I am in Redmond, Washington, sharing room with Steve Conard.

Yes I sit here all day besides Steve; getting ZERO official work done but yet having the best time of my life.

What I am doing?

Designing Games!! Steve Bleeds Game Design.

After spending something like 3 weeks here I have started to convince myself that I am not abnormal :). I am not alone in this world who goes to buy vegetables and instead buying them just stare at them and think…..is there a game here….

I have spent my last 3 weeks with some of the most creative, intelligent, funny, caring, soulful, friendly and just plain awesome people on the planet.

It has been an overwhelming experience.

My day starts with a cheese sandwich, 5 miles of care free drive to office and then doing nothing else but games for 12 hours straight……by the way it ends with couple of cans of Budweiser.

Today I realized something interesting; Lot of people ask me “I want to be a game designer”, I have a different thought for all of you aspiring game designers and let me try to put it in once sentence. “You don’t want to be game designers, as you are already are game designers, and it’s just that you want to get paid for designing them”.

There is plenty to share, but time is running out right now, day after tomorrow I fly out of here back to Hyderabad…..more enlightened :)

I am on a weeks vaccation, will write a more detailed blog soon.

Till then…happy deisgning.

5 comments:

Storm said...

What saar? Blogging band kya saar? :)

Anonymous said...

So I herd you gave a response on my blog thank you . I never knew that anyone will come on my & my fathers blog so do you know nfs most wanted . the higher edition of it is nfs carbon which is so cool that I’ll die for it it’s review I very good so you are also a gizmo freak & mad behind games I also want to be a game maker or an engineer . so this is my id nitroxash94@yahoo.co.in pls pls give a response plssssssssssssssssssssss so that’s it I will be waiting for your email . take care of that hand and make some car games & make sure I am the first one to test it .cye bye bye

Asif Mansoor said...

inspiring and motivating ... :)

Anonymous said...

when dreams realize, the reality imerges, if you dream Beautiful, if you dream Happy, if you dream of a Peaceful world you will create the real world in the same shades.
keep dreaming and turning your dreams in reality.
i know one day through your games you will make the coming generation dream of a better , peaceful world. you will teach them as no teacher could, WITHOUT TEACHING THROUGH FUN.

who am i?
give you a guess,
i was the first one who saw you, who held you in my arms when you came in this world and made my world beautiful.
today i share my dream for you with you
MAKE LEARNING JOYFUL THROUGH YOUR MEDIUM
with all my love
Ma

Sumit said...

I am here, but extremly BUSY...but will be back in form in a weeks time. Will call you